Applications for all posts can be made online.
Please complete and return the application form (word version) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to YMCA Brunel Group, International House, Broad St Place, Bath, BA1 5LH. For further information, contact email@example.com stating the post you are interested in.
All posts that involve working with children and vulnerable adults will require a DBS check, costs will be met by YMCA Brunel Group.
Working hours: 35 hours a week term time only with some early starts and late finishes
Salary: £9 per hour
What does the job involve?
We are a chain of 9 preschools and nurseries working in the charity sector and our passion is to support families in our local communities.
We require an enthusiastic and energetic Early Years Practitioner to work at our YMCA Green Shoots in Trowbridge.
Our nursery has children aged 0-5 from our local area and makes an important contribution to the community. For details of what we do please see: www.ymca-bg.org
A qualification in childcare is essential: Level 3
This post will be with the youngest children and the person may also work at times with the older group.
The successful candidate will be passionate about working in childcare, work well within a team and develop excellent relationships with parents as well as having a good understanding of the EYFS curriculum.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities/SENCO etc.
- Good knowledge of EYFS
- Excellent communication skills
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- To plan, prepare and review the curriculum with the team reflective of the EYFS
- To work in partnership with the parents and provide good customer service
- To ensure confidentiality at all times
- To provide support to children with challenging behaviour
- An understanding of and respect for diversity in terms of the makeup of the family, racial origin and cultural beliefs
- Ability to assess situations and seek advice and support if required
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or in a crisis or emergency
- Understanding of the potential physical and emotional pressures of working with children with challenging behaviour
- Understanding of the need for safeguarding
If you would like to apply, you will need to fill out one of our application forms, as we unfortunately do not accept CV’s. To apply, please click on the following link:
The post holder will be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
Closing date for application: 15th March 2021
If you would like to have a chat about the role, please contact Kady by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Our housing and support projects in the Mendip and South Somerset areas.
To work as part of a staff team as well as to lone work, be responsible for the daily operation of the project providing appropriate support to residents aged from 16 to 25 years old:
- To share responsibility within the staff team for the day-to-day operation of the Project and welfare of residents, to deal with issues as and when they arise, working on own initiative.
- Work together with other staff, to ensure that the procedures and rules of the Project are complied with.
You may have experience as or in: Support work, Challenging Behaviour, Social Work, Social Care.
The post holder will:
- be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
- be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
If you would like to apply for any of our current vacancies you will need to fill out one of our application forms, as we unfortunately do not accept CV’s.
To apply, please click on the following link:
If you would like to have a chat about the role, please contact Suzie by e-mail: email@example.com