Applications for all posts can be made online.
Please complete and return the application form (word version) to firstname.lastname@example.org or to YMCA Brunel Group, International House, Broad St Place, Bath, BA1 5LH. For further information, contact email@example.com stating the post you are interested in.
All posts that involve working with children and vulnerable adults will require a DBS check, costs will be met by YMCA Brunel Group.
Our hostel in Bath has 200 beds which are normally used for school groups, sporting teams and backpackers. We also accommodate referrals from different agencies in Bath and surrounding areas, which stay at the YMCA for several weeks before going onto more permanent accommodation.
We are looking for a duty manager to work on our reception and join our friendly team.
If you are:
• Able to set a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the hostel.
• Deal with complaints/requests with professionalism and patience.
• Have the ability to manage own workload and prioritize tasks.
• Be cheerful, flexible, friendly and creative “can do” attitude.
• Good at working as part of a team and also the ability to work to own initiative.
• Have good people skills, both in terms of colleagues, but also customers and residents.
• Be resilient and able to deal with a high pressure environment.
• Feel confident working on you own at times.
And able to ensure cleanliness is to its high standard across the hostel, especially with the guidelines set by the Government for current hostels.
We would love to hear from you!
30 hours per week on a rolling rota, working afternoon shifts (14.45 – 22.00) and nights (22.00 – 8.00 am). Predominately 60% are shifts are night shifts.
Salary: £9.50 per hour.
Location of work: Bath
Please contact; Maggie King for an informal chat on 01225 325905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
Location: Mendip district (Shepton Mallet, Wells, Frome)
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £23,400 per year
What does the job involve?
YMCA Brunel Group is looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to join our team. This is a new centrally located role which will bring together our maintenance work across all areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising our three maintenance workers, each covering one of three areas, Mendip, South Somerset and Bath/Bristol/Wiltshire, as well as carrying out planned and reactive maintenance work across all areas. A van will be provided for work travel.
This role provides an opportunity to join our friendly and motivated team, supporting and enabling the work of the organisation in a variety of properties and locations. Experience is essential for the role, as well as a good understanding of health and safety requirements, and good organisational and IT skills.
The post holder will:
- be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
- be able to respect the Christian ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
If you would like to apply, you will need to fill out one of our application forms, as we unfortunately do not accept CV’s. To apply, please visit click on the following link:
For full details of the role and for enquiries please contact Dave Bonstow, Senior Facilities Manager; email@example.com
Closing date: 11th December 2020
Working hours: 30 to 35 hours a week term time only with some early starts and late finishes
Salary: £9 per hour
What does the job involve?
We are a chain of 9 preschools and nurseries working in the charity sector and our passion is to support families in our local communities.
We require an enthusiastic and energetic Early Years Practitioner to work at our YMCA Green Shoots in Trowbridge.
Our nursery has children aged 0-5 from our local area and makes an important contribution to the community.
A qualification in childcare is essential: Level 3 or above.
This post will be with the youngest children and the person may also work at times with the older group.
The successful candidate will be passionate about working in childcare, work well within a team and develop excellent relationships with parents as well as having a good understanding of the EYFS curriculum.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities/SENCO etc.
- Good knowledge of EYFS
- Excellent communication skills
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education
- To ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times
- To ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- To plan, prepare and review the curriculum with the team reflective of the EYFS
- To work in partnership with the parents and provide good customer service
- To ensure confidentiality at all times
- To provide support to children with challenging behaviour
- An understanding of and respect for diversity in terms of the makeup of the family, racial origin and cultural beliefs
- Ability to assess situations and seek advice and support if required
- Ability to remain calm under pressure or in a crisis or emergency
- Understanding of the potential physical and emotional pressures of working with children with challenging behaviour
- Understanding of the need for safeguarding
If you would like to apply, you will need to fill out one of our application forms, as we unfortunately do not accept CV’s. To apply, please click on the following link:
The post holder will be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
Closing date for application: 15th December 2020
If you would like to have a chat about the role, please contact Sarah by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org