A fantastic opportunity has arisen for passionate and enthusiastic individuals to join our youth & community team at YMCA Brunel.
You will be someone who can lead a team of youth workers to co-produce a provision that is youth-led, evidence-informed and delivers high-quality outcomes so that young people can live their best life and thrive.
To provide a safe welcoming fun environment for young people aged 10-19 accessing the youth club, to design deliver and evaluate a range of informal learning opportunities.
Who we are?
YMCA Brunel is a leading charity that works to ensure all young people, belong, contribute and are equipped to thrive in their communities.
Our vision is for all our young people to have ambition for themselves, to be confident individuals, effective contributors, successful learners and responsible citizens; and to be nurtured, safe, active, healthy, achieving, included, respected and responsible in their communities. We believe in children and young people and we trust them to take charge of the world. Young people are the drivers of change in our world. We actively encourage them to take leadership in their own lives but also in their local and global communities. With this in mind, we provide 8 youth clubs based in Street, Glastonbury, Shepton Mallet, Frome, Coleford and Yeovil and 4 young carers groups.
You may have experience as or in:
Outreach Worker, Support Staff, Support Worker, Challenging Behaviour, Voluntary Sector, Social Work, Social Care Worker, Teaching, uniformed groups, sports groups, Teaching Assistant, Community Services, Community Development, Youth Work, Youth Worker, Detached Youth Worker and Youth Provision
Qualification: Level 2/3 in Youth work or equivalent
The post holder will
- be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
We can offer you the following:
- Working for a local charity, that’s part of the largest youth organisation in the world.
- Great job satisfaction, you’ll be helping to improve young people’s potential and helping them to thrive in life.
- No two days will ever be the same, in this challenging, yet rewarding role
- A supportive management and supportive team who celebrates success, however small or large
- A competitive youth worker salary
- A cohesive and supportive team environment
- Supervision, training and eLearning, varied experience and development opportunities
- We will offer on the job training and investment in your skills, providing you with opportunities and support and encouragement.
- Flexible/Agile Working
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Auto enrolment Pension scheme
One post is based in Glastonbury Windmill Hill.
3 hours per week, term time only, on Monday evenings
Rate of Pay
- £10.19 per hour
Fixed term to 31st June2022
Closing date for Applications
12th December 2021
OUR CORE VALUES
These core values were developed by our staff and trustees and they are at the core of what we do and how we behave. We know that our staff are at the heart of all our work and we are constantly working at ways to develop and nurture our employees. Some current ways we do this include:
- Staff get a fully inclusive membership of our health & wellbeing centre in Bath for the heavily discounted price of £15/month
- We offer a weekly wind down yoga and guided meditation class that is free to all staff
- We offer ways to upskill in different areas such as social media, fundraising, relationship building and health, safety & compliance
- Mentoring, coaching and secondment schemes – to support staff new in post and those seeking development and new opportunities.
- To meet and attend national YMCA events as well as access to other YMCA networks either geographically or role driven.
Other employee benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Free health & wellbeing advice via a 24/7 support line
- YMCA employee advantages such as access to national YMCA discounts