Who we are?
we provide 100+ units within a range of supported housing projects, alongside single, shared and emergency accommodation within the Mendip and South Somerset area. Offering a home and support needed by young people to develop skills, prepare for independent living and access to training, education, employment and social & leisure opportunities as part of the P2i contract.
What does the job entail?
This is an exciting new role funded by the P2i Innovation Fund to work with targeted young people in Mendip and provide them with an enhanced support service to build relationships and enable them to maintain their accommodation. The postholder will work a minimum of 2 days/week at Street Foyer and 2 days/week at Frome Foyer with the other day depending on the needs of their caseload.
What skills will the successful candidate need?
An experience of working in a supported housing setting, knowledge of housing & homelessness legislation, knowledge of Children’s Social Care / Leaving Care, Knowledge of advice and advocacy, Knowledge of welfare benefits, IT competent with a working knowledge of Microsoft software and outlook.
A Full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle.
YMCA Brunel Group is an inclusive organisation and the post requires a shared commitment to equality and diversity.
Located in Frome and Street
Fixed term for 12 months
37.5 hours per week on average on rota including days, evenings, bank holidays and week- ends.
Rate of Pay
- £22,500 per annum
Closing date for Applications
12th December 2021
If you have any further questions please contact Abby, Deputy Head of housing and Support: email@example.com
YMCA Brunel Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful applicants are required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
OUR CORE VALUES
These core values were developed by our staff and trustees and they are at the core of what we do and how we behave. We know that our staff are at the heart of all our work and we are constantly working at ways to develop and nurture our employees. Some current ways we do this include:
- Staff get a fully inclusive membership of our health & wellbeing centre in Bath for the heavily discounted price of £15/month
- We offer a weekly wind down yoga and guided meditation class that is free to all staff
- We offer ways to upskill in different areas such as social media, fundraising, relationship building and health, safety & compliance
- Mentoring, coaching and secondment schemes – to support staff new in post and those seeking development and new opportunities.
- To meet and attend national YMCA events as well as access to other YMCA networks either geographically or role driven.
Other employee benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Free health & wellbeing advice via a 24/7 support line
- YMCA employee advantages such as access to national YMCA discounts