Our housing and support projects are located in the Mendip and South Somerset areas.
You will be working as part of a staff team as well as alone. You will be responsible for the daily operation of the project, providing appropriate support to residents aged from 16 to 25 years old:
- You will share the responsibility within the staff team for the day-to-day operation of the project and welfare of residents, to deal with issues as and when they arise, working on own initiative.
- You will work together with other staff, to ensure that the procedures and rules of the Project are complied with.
You may have experience as or in: Support work, Challenging Behaviour, Social Work, Social Care.
Rate of Pay
- £10.03 per hour +annual leave
The post holder will
- be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS
YMCA Brunel Group is committed to follow safer recruitment guidelines and all candidates will have to demonstrate full employment history, give 2 good references and be DBS checked. In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
OUR CORE VALUES
These core values were developed by our staff and trustees and they are at the core of what we do and how we behave. We know that our staff are at the heart of all our work and we are constantly working at ways to develop and nurture our employees. Some current ways we do this include:
- Staff get a fully inclusive membership of our health & wellbeing centre in Bath for the heavily discounted price of £15/month
- We offer a weekly wind down yoga and guided meditation class that is free to all staff
- We offer ways to upskill in different areas such as social media, fundraising, relationship building and health, safety & compliance
- Mentoring, coaching and secondment schemes – to support staff new in post and those seeking development and new opportunities.
- To meet and attend national YMCA events as well as access to other YMCA networks either geographically or role driven.
Other employee benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Free health & wellbeing advice via a 24/7 support line
- YMCA employee advantages such as access to national YMCA discounts