Who we are?
We provide 100+ units within a range of supported housing projects, alongside single, shared and emergency accommodation within the Mendip and South Somerset area. Offering a home and support needed by young people to develop skills, prepare for independent living and access to training, education, employment and social & leisure opportunities as part of the P2i contract.
What does the job entail?
This is a key role within the support team of YMCA Brunel Group. The post holder will be working to support young people within our small housing projects and within the community to equip them with the skills to live independently.
Support will be provided across Yeovil and the South Somerset area where needed, both accommodation and community-based work, to assist those who are not housed but need comprehensive housing support to identify, secure and set up accommodation to achieve independent living.
The post is also responsible for Housing Management duties to ensure a holistic service for clients including administration, rent collection and rent administration, notification of repairs and maintenance, health and safety tasks and ensuring the environment is welcoming and safe for clients and staff.
What skills will the successful candidate need?
You will have an experience of working in a supported housing setting, knowledge of housing & homelessness legislation, knowledge of Children’s Social Care / Leaving Care, Knowledge of advice and advocacy and Knowledge of welfare benefits You will be IT competent with a working knowledge of Microsoft software and outlook.
The successful candidate will have a Full Driving Licence with access to a vehicle.
YMCA Brunel Group is an inclusive organisation and the post requires a shared commitment to equality and diversity.
Located in Yeovil and the South Somerset area
One post is predominantly located in Glastonbury and the other one in Yeovil and the South Somerset areas. Both posts will require to travel across the Mendip and South Somerset areas.
Please can you precise which location you would prefer in your application form.
Full time position: 37.5 hours per week on average on rota including days, evenings, bank holidays and week- ends.
Rate of Pay
- £21,733 per annum (Full time equivalent)
Fixed term contract until 31st March 2024
If you have any further questions please contact Jane, Accommodation and Support Manager: email@example.com
OUR CORE VALUES
These core values were developed by our staff and trustees and they are at the core of what we do and how we behave. We know that our staff are at the heart of all our work and we are constantly working at ways to develop and nurture our employees. Some current ways we do this include:
- Staff get a fully inclusive membership of our health & wellbeing centre in Bath for the heavily discounted price of £15/month
- We offer a weekly wind down yoga and guided meditation class that is free to all staff
- We offer ways to upskill in different areas such as social media, fundraising, relationship building and health, safety & compliance
- Mentoring, coaching and secondment schemes – to support staff new in post and those seeking development and new opportunities.
- To meet and attend national YMCA events as well as access to other YMCA networks either geographically or role driven.
Other employee benefits include:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave
- Free health & wellbeing advice via a 24/7 support line
- YMCA employee advantages such as access to national YMCA discounts