Sleep Easy 2020 Team challenge is a great opportunity for a team building experience and to raise funds for vulnerable people in your community. You will have to collaborate to design and build your cardboard shelter and take part in a Team quiz. You have time until the 21st of February to register your team. (Merchandise orders by the 23rd of January)
There are 3 team challenge categories: Business – School – Parish
The Minimum Team target for Sleep Easy 2020 Team Challenge is £750 + £10 per team member.
- Create a team (4-6 members) and inform your organisation you will take part in the Sleep Easy 2020 Team challenge. They could sponsor you to take part, match the funds you raise, or pay for your registration fees.
- The Team leader has to fill the Team Registration Form online detailing the names of the team members and then set up a Team Just Giving page using our “step-by-step Just Giving Team page – Visual guide“ as help.
- Each team member, including the team leader, needs to register themselves using the “Team Members registration form” and pay a £10 registration fee by the end of the week that the Team registration form is submitted. This can be payed:
● (Suggested option) By setting up a personal Sleep Easy 2020 Just Giving page (joined to the team one set up by the team Leader) and doing a donation (no gift aid on this £10). See our “step-by-step Just Giving Team page – Visual guide“ for this.
● Making a BACS to our bank account Mendip YMCA, Bank: Nat West, 7 High Street, Wells, BA5 2AD Sort Code 60-23-06 Account No. 75231204 or cheque payable to Mendip YMCA, The Old Glasshouse, South Street, Wells BA5 1SL – Ref: Registration fee – Team member’s name
- Once we will have received the Team Registration form, Team member registration form and the registration fees, the Team leader will receive an email confirmation from YMCA.
- The team can now focus on promoting their fundraising pages and thinking about the design of a waterproof and windproof shelter which will allow all the team to sleep in (no tent pegs allowed). The team has to gather the cardboard needed for the project. The YMCA will provide every team with: scissors and tape rolls. Please, let us know how many m2 of ground your shelter will need, by the 21st of February.
The Team Challenge Trophy
The team with the most amount of points at the end of the Sleep Easy will receive a trophy (to keep for one year) and a certificate.
Points will be awarded to each team for the following:
- Funds raised (6-10 points). These have to be transferred to YMCA Mendip & South Somerset by Monday the 23rd of March.
- Team members attending the night (1-3 points)
- Shelter: waterproof, windproof, creativity, solidity (1-5)
- Team collaboration: (1-5)
We will announce the winners on Wednesday the 25th of March. They will be awarded of our special Sleep Easy 2020 Team Certificate on Thursday the 26th of March.
Full comprehensive “Data policy”, “Terms & Condition” & GDPR sections are available in the “Team members registration form”.
DIGITAL ASSET & DOCUMENTS
- Instruction for Team
- Step-by-Step JustGiving team Page – Visual Guide
- Sleep Easy 2020 poster
- Sleep Easy 2020 detailed flyer with YMCA Mendip & South Somerset impact
- Facebook “Our team has accepted the challenge” cover
- Show the world you are supporting our Sleep Easy event using our Facebook Sleep Easy frame on your profile picture! Click on your profile picture to update it, click on “add frame”, type Sleep Easy 2020 and choose between the different options.
- Paper Sponsorship form – Team members
- Team total summary Sponsorship form